Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Props for Vintage Fresh Soaps

I got a rebatching kit the other day from Vintage Fresh Soap. I wanted to try all methods of soap making. I found that the price was good for all that you got in the kit. For $25 plus shipping, I got 2 pounds of base, kelp powder, green tea fragrance & avocado butter. Heidi also added printed out instructions and two sample bars of her soap. (Both smell heavenly). While I was waiting for my package to arrive, I read her blog many times. I also read a few others. I wanted to make sure I was ready for this.
It took me about 1 1/2 hours to grate the base. I put it in the crock pot to melt. It took some time to melt this way but for that I was happy. I am a multitask er. I really try hard not to be, but it is there. This is what the base looked like before anything was added.

Once I had a mushy mess in the pot, I added all the additives plus 1/2 cup of milk. What a sight and smell. It was not really smelling that good. Once I was sure that everything was mixed well, I put it in the mold.


Now comes the worse part, the wait. I love the coloring, not so much the smell. I found that it was easy to do. Heidi does an excellent job explaining the whole method. The packaging was great. The turn over time was also nice. I know for a fact I will be a repeat customer!


Now, I must venture into a different method for the month of March. Who knows what I can get into!

No comments:

Post a Comment